When Should You Desex?
The most common age to desex your pet is 6 months of age, however they are never too old to be desexed.
There are many benefits to desexing your pet at 6 months of age.
- Preventing unwanted litters, which can be very costly, and may add to the already overwhelming number of stray animals.
- Prevention of testicular cancer and prostate disease in males, and it can help prevent pyometra (infection of the uterus) and mammary tumours (breast cancer) in females
- Stopping the “heat” cycle in females
- Decreasing aggression towards humans and other animals, especially in males
- Being less prone to wander, especially in males
- Living a longer and healthier life
- Reduction of council registration fees
23 Thomas St, Armadale,
Western Australia 6112
Monday: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
In case of EMERGENCIES outside of these hours, we recommend going to WAVES, 1/640 Beeliar Dr, Success WA 6164 - 9412 5700